- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- black pepper to taste
- 1 large (or 2 small) onions sliced thinly
- 1 large green pepper de-seeded sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 cups thickly sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons Bragg's liquid aminos
- In a small bowl, mix together half a teaspoon each of garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, and regular salt and a teaspoon of lemon. (Some people use Italian dressing mix instead).
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 8 slices provolone
- 8 hamburger buns or hoagie rolls
- Brown ground beef and garlic in a pan. Try not to break the beef up too much, you want to have the pieces a good size. Drain any fat.
- Place beef, onions, green pepper and mushrooms (if using) into a slow cooker. Toss with flour.
- Pour spice mix over top of mixture and stir it all well with a wooden spoon. Cook on low 4-5 hours. Then stir in shredded cheese.
- Open buns put into cookie sheet put a heaping spoonful of meat into buns top each with a slice of cheese.
- Toast under the broiler a few minutes until it melts.
Makes 8 hearty sandwiches.
It's delicious and melt in you mouth comfort food.