Cilantro Pesto

2011-08-26 14:04
Mountain Standard Time

1 bunch fresh cilantro, rinsed and dried and chopped up
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
 1 T garlic powder
1 tablespoon lime juice
½ cup extra virgin olive oil  (Or Lime flavored Olive oil)
½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste

Coarsely chop the stems and place them in a food processor or blender.   I Use my magic bullet and grind it a bit and add more, and yes it does all fit into the bigger cup.  Add the cheese, garlic, lime juice, oil and salt and process to a uniform consistency. Add the leaves and process until the leaves are coarsely chopped.
Keeps a good 2 weeks in the fridge, I usually take it out and warm it on the counter a bit before using.  it tastes better that way.

I like it over pasta, my family loves it as the sauce in pizza.  Or put some on your tacos or burritos.

Did you know cilantro is good for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment