My kids are still baffled that people survived the 1980s without the technology that they are accustomed to now. I purchased Dungeons and Dragons for them a couple of Christmases ago hoping that they would enjoy a role-playing game that didn’t require a tech device of some sort. They were not interested in it at all until early this summer. They stayed up late to play their game, laughed about the different characters and scenarios that they came up with and it was exactly why I wanted to get them the game board in the first place. When the weather is nice, I force my kids to go outside to play or we ride our bikes together as a family in the evenings. We have a ridiculous amount of board games so that they can play with when I turn off the WiFi at the home. My eldest daughter is really into 1980s fashion right now and we enjoy shopping for it together. The 80s may not have been a favorite era for many people, but it reminds me of my good childhood memories. It brings me joy to be able to share this time period with my kids and give them a glimpse of what growing up ’80s was like for me. I love the 80s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment